Dragon Con 2016

Comic-Con et al.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Dragon Con 2016

Post by thunder » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:36 am

Glad you got to see him, thanks for the pic, Char! :D

amy223

Post by amy223 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi everybody! I went to Dragon*Con!! It was amazing, and thank you thank you to the Lost Girls who met up with me and kept me company all day. Jason is very, very kind, and very very sweet. Loved hearing him talk in person, and it was an honor getting to meet him. (And Marie, Char, and Susan! Oh my god, I know I keep saying this, but THANK YOU. For everything. Also: you ladies are super sweet and very fun.) And then, at the end of the night, I went to a karaoke party and got to listen to a Harley Quinn sing "Heartbreaker" and a whole bunch of various characters perform a Queen song and that just made my whole night. Dragon*Con is fun...I don't know if Jason had as much fun as I did since he was there working, but I hope he enjoyed Atlanta (and got some sleep).

I wrote about my experience on my blog, if anyone is interested:

https://lifelovestorythoughts.com/2016/ ... ragon-con/

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:27 pm

Loved your Blog Amy!! I did not get too see the last panel with Jason but I saw the other two. You would have heard some of the same stories but he always manages to get some new stories fit in. We enjoyed your company very much and I hope our wandering paths cross again! :D

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:40 pm

So glad you went for it, Amy--Lost Girls are pretty special people. (Oh, and that Jason Isaacs guy is okay too.)

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:44 am

Ditto on what Hilary said :D
Love your blog too. At the Sunday Panel Jason started to refer to us as these 4 ladies- then corrected himself quickly to 'three ladies' when he didn't see you LOL.
I enjoyed the company of your lovely self. Hope to see you again.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:17 am

Thanks for letting me read about the experience, Amy. It's the second best to being there. :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:13 am

Thanks for sharing your Blog about Dragon-Con, Amy.

Bummed I missed it. Had blown the wad on a vacay to Oregon with DH to visit a friend who had recently moved there.

amy223

Post by amy223 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:35 pm

Oh my god. You guys! I have had a DAY (and a Sunday afternoon and a Monday yesterday). My heart and self-confidence really needed to read these sweet messages from each one of you. THANK YOU. It was an honor to hang out with some of the Lost Girls. And that Jason! He is one of my favorites forever. Ditto y'all.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:39 am

Amy, what an entertaining blog. I love what Jason wrote in your (his) autograph. One day, I will summon the courage (and organizational skills) and go to one of these things. Even though I don't like crowds.

Marie

Post by Marie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:08 pm

If you don't like crowds - best not do the big Sci-Fi Conventions. I just read that Dragon Con had 77,000 attendees. I totally believe it - the number of people was crushing. It took forever to get from one side of a lobby to the other - there were people every where - inside and outside. However, I will say they were the friendliest lot - everyone seemed happy and/or happily inebriated. Never heard so many "excuse me" and "sorry" as some angel wing bonked into me - or someone with a poster or sword always hit something. But it was worth it. The costumes were amazing, the people were fun and Jason was terrific!

amy223

Post by amy223 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:58 pm

Fruitbat, thank you. You're sweet. I had such a great time--I'm glad I went. It was super crowded. I did okay, but the sheer number of people does make it overwhelming. I think the thing about Dragon*Con that makes it overwhelming is that not everything is one spot--Dragon*Con is spread out among 4 or 5 hotels and that parade. Lands, that parade was nutty. There were moments my crowd rage almost reared its ugly head (crowd rage = a term my friend Patresa coined, it's where you look at other human beings in very large crowds and go: "You DO realize other people exist on the planet, right? You are in. the. way. Please MOVE." or somebody shoves you and you go: "Are you for REAL? You're so lucky I'm not a gangsta.") I'm with Marie--smaller conventions are less overwhelming. (But if Jason comes back to Dragon*Con next year, you do understand I will be demanding you get yourself organized and come to it. We'll just avoid the parade is all. :D )

Also: Marie, Marie! My friend Jamie knows where to find tiny baby dragons! I will make him tell me where to get one so I can get one and also tell you. (They sit on your shoulder and you use this little stick thing to make them move. The only problem: they don't breathe fire or smite people. I really need to find where to get a baby dragon that breathes fire and smites people, but until I do this may be a cute option.) :D

Marie

Post by Marie » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:06 pm

Yea yea yea baby dragons are all great until they grow up and accidentally burn your house down, or eat you out of house and the neighbors dog..... :D

Lol - I hope your friend Jaime (was he the cute guy you showed his picture to us.) finds your baby dragon soon!

amy223

Post by amy223 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:13 pm

That's the one--if you love Dungeons & Dragons and Supernatural and Firefly and all things scifi, Jamie's your guy. But he also loves opera. And is a gourmet chef. And changes diapers. And likes it when women think he's cute. :D

Return to “Conventions”