Philadelphia Comic Con 2020 April 4 - 5

Comic-Con et al.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Philadelphia Comic Con 2020 April 4 - 5

Post by thunder » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:35 pm

The Piladelphia Comic Con will be on April 3 - 5, Jason is scedueld to be there on Saturday and Sunday:
https://www.philadelphiacomiccon.com/pr ... on-isaacs/

LadySekhmet

Re: Philadelphia Comic Con 2020 April 4 - 5

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:15 pm

OH MY GOD!! I just logged on to post about this. It just popped up on my FB page!

FINALLY! There is much fangirling happening

Although I have absolutely no idea where Oaks, Pennsylvania is, and I don't own a car, so there may need to be some bribery of friends.

*runs around like a crazed Muppet*

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:22 pm

Excuse me while I have a small fangirl meltdown... :rave

*various high powered swear words voiced*

He never comes to Philadelphia, and I just realized that I have a conference that weekend in freaking Toronto. Are you freaking kidding me? *bangs head on desk* :pc

UGH. There is no way I can make it there and back in time for Sunday. :pc

Thank you for your patience. I’m okay now that I got it out of my system. But if Himself would like some dining suggestions, I’m totally good for that. Philly has a strangely vibrant food scene, and we have some fab BYOBs.

Note: I’ve edited this post about 4 times now.

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:49 am

Oh no! :-(

It will happen some other time, LadyS. :hug

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:45 pm

Bummer, LS!! It will happen. If not now, then eventually. Don't beat yourself up. We need you in one piece. :hug

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:35 pm

LadySekhmet wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:15 pm

Although I have absolutely no idea where Oaks, Pennsylvania is, and I don't own a car, so there may need to be some bribery of friends.
It’s near Philadelphia.

Maybe this will help:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oaks,_Pennsylvania

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:51 am

Will it still happen? Dublin Comic Con was cancelled.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:38 pm

Philadelphia Comic Con was postponed until Labor Day weekend.

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:10 am

Dublin Comic Con was also postponed, that's true... not cancelled, sorry... :oops:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:32 pm

Lady Sekhmet, does Labor Day weekend sound any better for you? I hope so.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:30 pm

Hi,

Things became...chaotic. I've been teaching a class in the evening, which has been so chaotic, that I'm not surprised that I've managed to time the teaching of my class with this particular semester/spring.

Oaks is like an hour outside of Philadelphia. I hope Jason is not expecting to be able to walk out of the convention center and be in Philadelphia - unless he's planning on apparating. haha! As long as everything is under control by Labor Day, it sounds like a plan. There is Wizard World in June, and the Keystone Comic Con in August, and both are in downtown Philly.

My friends were trying to convince me to get ALL of the tickets (autograph, photo) for this con.

So just when I had decided that I was NOT going to go to the conference, and that I WAS going to go to the comic con, gathered friends to go to the comic con, debated about what type of ticket that I wanted to purchase (did I really want to get my photo taken (could I manage to lose weight before then so that I wouldn't look like the ancient Egyptian hippotamus goddess standing next to Jason) or just get an autograph - the important questions, you know), and we were all in the agreement that we were going to go - things started getting hairy. I was asked to chair a session at the conference (which I turned down because I had decided that I didn't want to spend the money to go to the conference), and then... everything hit the fan. Jason pulled out of Dublin. I said to my friend that the writing was on the wall that the con was not going to happen.

Things are ramping up now and it's best that comic cons be postponed for now. Philadelphia is basically under stay at home orders. I"ve been working the Job That Shall Not Be Named from home since March 12, and it's weird. There have been a lot of meetings, happy hours, "social" get togethers, and (well, we always play D&D online, but we've gotten to play MORE now haha) on line - zoom, skype, webex. The BBC has finally convince my dad that we should get together online - forget that I have been trying to get them to do this for 5 years now. haha!

Soo... there we are.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:43 pm

Well, LS. It sounds like there's a good possibility. I really hope it works out for you. Do get any photo ops that you can in addition to the autographs to go with them. You get more facetime.

Return to “Conventions”