Motorcity Comic Con

Comic-Con et al.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Antoni Bandzior

Motorcity Comic Con

Post by Antoni Bandzior » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:47 am

Hi,
Jason will show up in US this time:
19-21 May
46100 GRAND RIVER AVE
NOVI, MI 48374

Post on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/MotCityComicCon/sta ... FY0vw&s=19

Link to their page:
https://motorcitycomiccon.com/show-info/

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Motorcity Comic Con

Post by thunder » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:52 am

Thanks for posting, Antoni. I know some American Lost Girls have been waiting for him to visit cons on their side of the Atlantic. :D

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:17 pm

So wonderful. Hope that many of you get the chance to meet up with him.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:22 pm

This is GREAT NEWS!! Already bought my tickets. Thanks for the heads-up, Antoni! :wheee

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:06 pm

Glad you are going, Helen :D

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:32 pm

Have a great time.

Antoni Bandzior

Post by Antoni Bandzior » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:46 pm

Ah, that's amazing you can go :adore
Take some nice pictures of the man and with him :wheee

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:16 am

Take some nice pictures of the man and with him

I always do. And my Hubby takes a few as well. :wheee

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Thu May 18, 2023 10:42 pm

Hello Everyone ... I'm sorry that I haven't been around for a long time. Life was REALLY busy.. I even went back to college to work on a web programming degree to teach it at a college level. I'm halfway through that process.

I have been meaning to come here for weeks once I realized Jason Isaacs was going to be at Motor City Comic Con. I am SOOOO excited. Finally he is somewhere that I can go see him. Obviously I'm from Michigan since my ID is BethMI. {chuckles}

I was wondering if there was any meet up planned for those of us going to the convention Saturday either just for us or us and Mr. Isaacs. I would love to meet any of my fellow Lost Girls at the convention, even without anything with Mr. Isaacs.

I'll try to post a picture of myself in costume Saturday morning. That way anyone that wants to chat and sees me, knows who it is. I am going as a pirate aka one of Captain Hook's Lost Girls. I figured that he will have tons of Harry Potter and Star Trek fans. I wanted to make sure Captain Hook had a good showing as well.

EDIT - I did post a picture, but it was way too large. Sorry. I haven't been able to get Jason's auto yet. I pre-bought my autograph ticket, but I have missed the cut off for the line a few times

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Sat May 20, 2023 1:40 pm

Sighs ... did you know that pre-buying an autograph ticket well over a month ago kind of means nothing. I'm not upset with Jason Isaacs. I'm upset with MCC because a paid autograph ticket ahead of time should mean something.

I'm pretty bummed at the moment. I'm hoping that this is going to turn out good, but it might not.

There is no overflow for Jason's line, and all day they told me the line was cut off, come back in such and such minutes. Still not even able to get in line to wait .... which they say could be 3 hours from line time.

I'm hoping he stays until close, but even then I might not get it. Motor city told me to email them after the convention and maybe I'd get a refund.

I haven't been to a convention since 2019. Although there were some people I wanted, I wasn't going to take a chance with this one either until I saw Jason Isaacs was on the list. Then, it was worth the risk.

I'm still hoping it turns out okay. I'll let you guys know. Sighs

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sat May 20, 2023 4:14 pm

Fingers crossed

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Sat May 20, 2023 6:21 pm

Whoo hoooo!

Yes, I got my auto Anniemouse!

Sarah, one of the squad for his line security, made sure that I was able to get into the line. I got through his line as the convention was closing. He was staying to get more people signed for. Amazing conversation with him. I brought my signed Peter Pan jar from one of the charity auctions. We laughed about it.

He said that Char and Marie were there from the lost girls too. I wish I had the chance to meet you guys.

Sincerely,
Beth

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sun May 21, 2023 4:12 am

Fantastic.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sun May 21, 2023 7:40 am

OMG, BETH!! Jason told us that YOU were there! I really wished we saw your post before. Marie and I arrived on Friday and will be leaving on Monday.
Are you planning to attend his panel today at 1 PM? I really want to meet you. 😍

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sun May 21, 2023 9:05 am

I usually check the site at least once a day. I can’t believe I didn’t check it. It was so crowded yesterday at the convention we only stayed until about 1PM. Hoping it is less crowded today. Char and I would love to meet up with you Beth if you are here Sunday too.

Return to “Conventions”