Episode 201 "one too Many Mornings"

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

RaveGyrl

Post by RaveGyrl » Fri May 23, 2008 9:21 pm

Loving the no shirt look.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sat May 24, 2008 7:15 am

Mr Jason was very true to life with the seizure scenes...
the "frig" scene sets the tone for the entire season, dealing
with his condition...and yes, it's a fav of mine as well....
:woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue May 27, 2008 2:09 pm

I couldn't watch this scene without tears forming in my eyes.....poor Michael. :-( .
Jason does a great job with these 'blackouts'.....he deserves an Emmy. (Fingers crossed ladies.)
(They should at least nominate the fourth episode...regarding Rose's stolen car.....'Best Comedic Situation In A Drama' ;-) )
~marilaine :cool:
(I love the way his bum looks....reminds me of a certain COLONEL, right Angel? ;-) )

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue May 27, 2008 2:17 pm

They should at least nominate the fourth episode...regarding Rose's stolen car.....'Best Comedic Situation In A Drama'
I'm still partial to "Kiss me lucky tamata" myself. :D

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue May 27, 2008 2:34 pm

(I love the way his bum looks....reminds me of a certain COLONEL, right Angel? )
Aaaaahhh....ahhhh.....OMG...Tavington....

Marilaine, please, I need to behave

~me

Lizzie

Re:

Post by Lizzie » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:51 pm

kjshd05 wrote:Helen, I don't think he knows until it's over, and he has had a black out
period...you can tell by the look on his face, he knows something happened, but he's not sure...it makes me cringe to see that happen,
to anybody... :shock:
My sibling suffers from epilepsie and just as I was watching season two (bought it in a local hypermarket), he got another seizure. The last time it happened was two years ago, then eight years ago and a couple more about sixteen years ago and I'm always the one to find him and I can say it does tear you apart. So then seeing Michael with the all too famous eeg head thingie and the black outs very strongly reminded me of my personal life. Believe it or not, seeing all of this and finding out that Jason actually did some serious research about Michael's condition did help me to process this. I can assure you that it's not really fun when your mother calls crying to tell that your sibling who rides home on a bike had a fit while still on the road and they took him to the nearest hospital. As my mom was in no state to be reasonable and nearly hysterical, I was the one forced to calm her down and tell her all would be alright even though my own heart was racing like mad and I had multiple doom scenarios going through my mind. Such things take some time to settle in your mind and heart.

So: thank you mister Isaacs for doing such a fine acting job and with a certain degree of respect towards people with head injures. My brother's condition is different but at least half as scary as Michael Caffee's was.

Blimey I've been sentimental. ::rofl

Lizzie

grannybear

Re: Episode 201 "one too Many Mornings"

Post by grannybear » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:43 pm

Lizzie ........ I hope your brothers condition is improving. Such a hard condition to cope with. I hear they've made some medical improvements over the years but not enough. Only time will tell.

Lizzie

Post by Lizzie » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:07 am

He's doing well now but it's always been a few years between seizures so only time can tell. Mind you, he's not allowed to drive so that's one less risk involved both for him and the rest of the world. He's on something new now and according to the doctor it's working well as he hasn't had any new seizures yet. LOL!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Aaahh how I miss Brotherhood!

~me

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:24 am

Me, too.

~ML :bawl :hug :cafe

Return to “Brotherhood”