DVD News

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Anniemouse

Re: DVD News

Post by Anniemouse » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:27 pm

Just ordered this series on DVD is look interesting and hope that I am in for a treat as I have heard great things of this series.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:05 am

It's really good, you are up for a real treat. One of the best series Jason has done, if you ask for my opinion. Season 1 is the best, but it's all very good :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:08 pm

Season 1 is the best, but it's all very good

I agree with that, thunder. It's sad that the story took the turn that it did in season 2, but as usual, Jason acted brilliantly. Enjoy, Am!

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:35 am

Ok just watched the first episode. I suspect that so many narrative adventures are ahead ad this will take some time to get through. Love the premise, a great all round cast and hints of secrets that will lead to almost anywhere.

Is it wrong to feel like you ant to be on Michaels side against his "friend's" The scene with the earings left on the asault victimss car seat was really unsettling, you can read Michael in so many ways and that is only one episode in.

He is such a versitile actor.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:27 am

Up to episode 4. A truly great series and I am looking forward to watching the whole of is immensely. Michael is complex and deeply fascinting but even "The Good Guys" are deeply flawed.

How this show is not more widely known is beyond me.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:20 pm

Ok Up to episode 9 and still enjoying the show immensley. You get the feeling that there is a massive narrative payoff coming to end the season and I am so looking forward to it.

Jason's knack for accents is actually amazing and I have at times forgotton he is a Brit playing a east coast American. Wonderful writing and acting all round.

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:59 am

I think Brotherhood is one of the best series he has been in. :D

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:40 pm

I liked Brotherhood but I don’t like what they did to his character in the 2nd season. It made it seem like because he got the brain injury he got psychotic. It’s a shame because Jason did a lot of research into brain injuries- but not much of that realism was allowed to go into the character and on the screen - they just wanted a crazy bad guy. Jason did a great job with what he was given but with all the cases of brain injury coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan - the portrayal of brain injury = homicidal maniac probably did not do returning veterans any favors.

Being that I have a strange love of all things weird - The OA has been my favorite, followed by Discovery, Case Histories, DIG, and then Awake and finally Brotherhood.

I was so shattered not to get another season of the OA.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:26 am

Well just finished season one and was shocked at the ending. Slightly wary about the show with so many saying season one is the best. I have really enjoyed it so far though.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:27 pm

Season 2 is still worth watching even if Season 1 was better!

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:48 pm

Season 1 is the best, I think, but the others are definitely also very good.

I agree with Marie about Michael. I think they went the wrong way about developing his character, sort of painting them selves into a corner in season 2 and 3. Jason did a great job anyways, but there were some opportunities missed, I think

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:15 am

Well said, thunder.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:36 pm

Spoilers ***

Pete is murdered!!!!!! :bang and for no good reason. I loved the interplay between those two characters. Gutted. :rave

thunder

Post by thunder » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:10 am

I thought it was a shame they killed him off too. :-(

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:30 am

Ok I have just watched the commentary for disc 1. Really fascinating, Jason was informative about the work he put in regarding researching the day to day lives of people living with brain injuries and would have loved to hear more about that.
Why was the audio of the chat so low and fuzzy. Jason's audio was not clear at all
Loved the photographs of him on Rose's wall. Are there links to these images anywhere? The one with his brother Brent in their Liverpool kits were cool but I want to see the one in his blue velvet jacket and boufant hair. It cracked me up as I thought it was a childhood image of the actress who played his sister.

Return to “Brotherhood”