Who's Your Daddy?

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Malfoy Grandma

Who's Your Daddy?

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:02 am

Lord help us all! This sure did tie into the first episode, with the mystery returning about just who was Eileen's lover before poor husband Tommy. Just great for her character. Shall we have a betting pool on whether or not Eileen and Michael KNEW each other quite well prior to her marriage to Tommy, and why they cast TWO, yes TWO, little girls( first and third) who look so much like Michael! The whole script was really good. Moe was just incredible, sneaking up to the shaking car to kill both Michael and Kat! Oh, my goodness! I am definitely hooked for next season!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:47 pm

I found the scene with Eileen and the bride a little forced, I have to admit, though I thought it was sweet that she knocked and asked if she could help--it would have been awful easy to just tiptoe out and pretend you hadn't heard anything.
I'm not so sure that she and Michael were ever...intimate. I think maybe an attraction to Michael may have been one reason she married Tommy, though--to kind of 'inoculate' herself against succumbing to what was plainly a very naughty boy. She did say she'd been more or less pregnant at the time of her own wedding! and the rest of the series has illustrated how conflicted she feels about that (that she married and dove into motherhood so young).

I loved Moe's ear--does it Velcro on??
Damn, that wedding went on long enough, didn't it!! I liked Mary Kate's singing--it was just nice, it wasn't professional or operatic or diva-esque, it was just a woman singing pleasantly for her friend. Her husband was very sweet to the tragically self-indulgent Rose.
OMG, what's up with Jud!!! All this time he's been this subterranean monolith of silent power, and now--to whom will Tommy's obeisance now devolve? He's spent so long trying to figure out how to work around Jud, and now it looks as though, well, Jud won't be much of a king-maker for much longer...
I didn't care for his wife--I always thought she was a bit over-the-top, in a cliched fashion, but last night she looked waaaaay too much like Laura Bush for my liking.
That special prosecutor or whoever he is is loathsome. As is Declan's idiot partner. What a mutt.
Poor Declan.
Poor Mike.
And what became of Pete?? He just...dissipated! I liked him better with the facial fur--he displayed something I've noticed in a lot of long-time mustache-wearers when they finally shave: a weird kind of immobility of their upper lip. Kind of a chicken-and-egg thing, I guess...

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Hilary the Touched wrote: And what became of Pete?? He just...dissipated! I liked him better with the facial fur--he displayed something I've noticed in a lot of long-time mustache-wearers when they finally shave: a weird kind of immobility of their upper lip. Kind of a chicken-and-egg thing, I guess...
Please excuse this second, indulgent reply to an old thread. For years, my brother wore a beard or a beard and moustache combo. He wore just a moustache when he met my (now) sister-in-law. By the wedding day, all facial hair was gone. I thought he looked like a muppet (from Sesame Street), with a nose or something removed. Something's missing. :D

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:48 pm

I asked Blake Masters if there was something that had gone on between
Eileen and Michael, his reply was NO....that would make BH too much
of a soap opera, and he didnt much like the idea....

During the first and second seasons, BMasters would hang out on the IMDB
Brotherhood threads...he was always willing to answer questions :woot

As for Pete, we never really found out if he was simply written out of the
script, or the actor left due to artistic differences (wanting more money)

Return to “Brotherhood”