Hotel Mumbai UK premiere

This is a movie about the terror attacks in Mumbai in 2008, focusing on the events in Taj Palace Hotel.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Hotel Mumbai UK premiere

Post by thunder » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:30 pm

It's premiering in the UK these days, from what I gather: Pictures from the gala screening: https://www.gettyimages.no/photos/jason ... st#license

servalan

Re: Hotel Mumbai UK premiere

Post by servalan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:05 am

I searched for a cinema showing Hotel Mumbai, and could not find a single one within reasonable travelling distance that is showing it! I looked last night - if it is being widely distributed in the UK it should still be on, so I can only conclude that it is not on the list of most cinemas.

I checked the art house places, and the only hit I came across was one solitary showing at Glasgow Film Theatre last week that I could not have gone to anyway - and that was not included on their weekly film list so I would not have known, except I did a specific search for Hotel Mumbai.

I suppose it is on Sky TV because they are one of the producers, but I don't have that.
:roll:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:07 pm

That's disappointing, servalan. Maybe it will go into major release soon. I had to drive 2 hours to L.A. to see it. It was well worth the drive.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:14 am

Americans and Europeans have different perspective on distances. :bag:

That's too bad, servalan. Maybe ut will be released on DVD in the UK soon?

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:29 am

servalan wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:05 am
I searched for a cinema showing Hotel Mumbai, and could not find a single one within reasonable travelling distance that is showing it! I looked last night - if it is being widely distributed in the UK it should still be on, so I can only conclude that it is not on the list of most cinemas....
I couldn’t find it around here, either, so I ended up renting it through our local library system.

The movie itself was riveting, and Jason’s role was...interesting.

(I hope this qualifies as “spoiler-free” enough for those who haven’t seen it yet....) 😁😇

Return to “Hotel Mumbai”