My thoughts SPOILERS!

A thriller about a lonely teenage girl who confides in her mirror, and swaps places with her evil reflection. Jason plays her distant father.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: My thoughts SPOILERS!

Post by Helen8 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:27 am

That sounds like a story there, Marie. Mine was my 7th-grade homeroom teacher, who I had for history class, Mr. Eckert. He made the difference for me going forward in school . . . and for my career.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:37 pm

Most people has one... :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:28 pm

I bet you figure in some of your students' stories.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Maybe... It feels good when some come to me and asks for advice to where to go and study History, Sociology or Political Science. At least some like my subjects. :oops:

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:39 am

So I finally did watch this movie, and it was better than I was anticipating. There were a number of not-very-believable moments (where did they shoot the school scenes?? And I'm Canadian, but I'll be damned if anyone has their senior prom on an ICE RINK. Please.)
I was impressed with Eisley's consistent accent and performance in general, but, like Helen, I had some problems with the recurrent nudity--specifically, how it was all Maria's. Like, I get that the most reasonable (?) way that Airam would first manifest would be in a mirror, but did Maria have to be masturbating in front of it?? She couldn't just be brushing her teeth or something?? I did feel bad for the character--she wasn't just bullied, she was constantly surrounded by shitty hypocritical mean people. Her father's business was reforming women's bodies because nobody's acceptable in their current form, her mother's a non-entity, there are no other reasonable adults in evidence... Some vindication was defensible!
Here's something telling, though--I watched about a month ago and now I have no idea how it ended. Hm.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:03 pm

Hilary, I had to think about it before it came to me: The whirling Mom and daughter on the bed "turns into" Mom and twin daughters on the bed. :shock:

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:07 pm

:lol Thanks, Helen!!

Return to “Look Away”