Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets

Sixteen year old James Whitman's sister disappears, and he seeks advice from an imaginary pidgeon therapist to overcome anxiety and sadness. Jason plays his father Carl.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets

Post by thunder » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:05 am

Filming in Atlanda right now. Jason is Carl (according to IMDB)
http://www.atlantamagazine.com/news-cul ... anta-host/
Filming will take place from April 16th through May 11th.
https://productionlist.com/upcoming-fil ... n-atlanta/
http://www.projectcasting.com/casting-c ... club-goers

Director/Writer's home page: http://www.yanivraz.com/dr-birds-advice-for-sad-poets/

It's based on a novel, has anyone read it?
Looks interesting.
:D

amy223

Re: Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets (new movie)

Post by amy223 » Sat May 12, 2018 10:12 pm

Ah man...of course I would see this on May 12, after filming finishes. Ah well. I hope Jason enjoyed his latest Atlanta visit...after a weird, long and brutal winter that sometimes felt very Arctic and other times felt very temperate rainforest-y, we basically skipped spring and went straight into summer--today it was 95F and it's not even June yet. (But global warming isn't real, right?! :roll: )

Completely off topic (I'm sorry, but a friend just texted me today about this and I'm super excited to learn about this too): On Monday, Stranger Things will start filming their new season at Gwinnett Place Mall, which is literally 2 miles from me. My daughter and I are going to drive over there tomorrow and see what they've done to it...they've apparently re-modeled some of the exterior. (Gwinnett Place used to be THE premier shopping center when I moved here, and now it's a really depressed area and I'm actually surprised it's still open...all of the big anchor stores have closed and opened elsewhere. That whole area is very sad, actually.)

I haven't heard of this movie before, Tone. But just based on the title, it's something I'd watch. As I'm a sad poet myself, often enough. :-)

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun May 13, 2018 3:24 pm

The director has a homesite, and it looks like he made it as a sort film a couple of years ago.
Good luck location spotting for Stranger Things :D

And great to see you back here again. :hug

amy223

Post by amy223 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:04 pm

Thank you, Tone. :hug Jason has nice fans. This board totally (totally) makes up for every second of Twitter's bs. For some reason, I sense Jason would agree with me on that. :-)

I'm so geeky-excited about the Stranger Things filming! My daughter and I drove by it after school yesterday and they were filming (or doing something that involved a lot of people and cameras) in front of the side entrance I used to go in through all the time. But we didn't hang out...too many police sitting in cars and security guards stationed everywhere. I don't want to be the weirdo who gets chased off by security, so I drive around all casual-like: oh wait, what?! you mean they're making a TELEVISION show here? my stars, why i was just trying to get to the beauty rest store! i need some, um, mattress supplies.

I went to amazon and looked up this book and immediately bought it. It's my Kind of Thing. (I love that Jason does so many different kinds of projects...now he just needs to start directing and clear space for all his future Oscars. :D )

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed May 23, 2018 12:14 am

Let us know what you think of the book when you read it. I think it sounds interesting too. :D

thunder

Re: Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets

Post by thunder » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:17 pm

Finally some news about this!
Theatrical release in the US this fall, (if I didn't misunderstand "in the third quarter"). And they will try to sell in at European film market, so it can get a European release too.
https://www.screendaily.com/news/storyb ... ferrer=RSS

:woot

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:54 pm

It sounds like July, August, September . . . in between summer action-hero movies. So, no competition.

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:04 pm

Well it's an indie, so it will probably not be a very wide release. But a release is a release. I was worried we would never hear anything about this again, but here we are.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:21 pm

We've learned to take what we can get.

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:22 pm

I found two trailers on the director's vimeo.
https://vimeo.com/393830390
https://vimeo.com/390885405

I'm not sure he wanted them "shared" yet, because of the anonymous title, but it was on his public channel, so I thought I should take the chance and post it here. :oops:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:10 pm

Okay. Not what I expected from the title, but it looks promising. :D

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:18 pm

Hey

So I just saw this on iTunes today while I was looking for another movie. So it seems to be available for download, but I can’t remember if you can only rent it or also buy it.

Yes, I am alive, just...absent, lazy, and well..hermit-like. lol. But, managed to get my J&J shot (one and done!) in early April even though I wound up crossing state lines to go to a FEMA sponsored “get our leftover shots” event.lol.

Hope all is well with everyone!
*virtual hugs*
LadyS

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:47 pm

Glad you're back, LS. It's been a hectic year for sure! :shock:

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon May 03, 2021 4:37 pm

Great to have you pop by, LadySekhmet! Goodonyer snagging a J&J. I've just been reading about folk bad-mouthing vaccination--after they've gotten their own, of course. :oops: :evil:

Return to “Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets”