Reviews

Good Sam is a new series for CBS, about a young top surgeon who ends up as her dad's supervisor after he comes out of a coma. Jason Isaacs plays the arrogant dad and former top surgeon.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: Reviews

Post by Helen8 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:07 am

not realizing I could not stream shows on this cruise ship.

Spill. please. Marie!!!!!!

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:11 pm

On Viking Jupiter cruising around South America. All ports cancelled in Falklands, Argentina and Uruguay. We hope we will be able to visit Chile. Beautiful ship. With only 168 passengers we are being treated like royalty. Free Wi-Fi but no streaming on the wi-if.

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:20 am

wolfsaver wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:07 pm
I watched this exclusively for Jason. The show itself is terrible. I really wanted to like it.
I started out watching just because of Jason, but I’m starting to get caught up in the strong women in the first two eps.

Having said that, the Chief of Staff needs to witness, firsthand, an arrogant interaction between her daughter and her ex…then slap him with added time on his Proctorship (with or without a full suspension of hospital privileges, for at least a week)!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:44 pm

That's sounds wonderful, Marie! How do you like Viking? We hope we get to go to Norway (on Viking) this March. Been postponed since 2020. :bang

Back to Good Sam:

The banter between dad and daughter is starting to wear on me. They both have entitlement issues. He wants his job back. He's recovered, and the diagnoses that he's made have been spot on. She's had daddy issues. And. I don't think residents become chief of staff that quickly.

For me, it comes down to: I like seeing Jason weekly on my TV.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:13 pm

Viking is absolutely wonderful. You will really enjoy them. Fantastic ships and wonderful food. Excellent spa and gym too. The cabin is nice and spacious with well thought out closets and room for storage.

We are going on another Viking cruise in March but to the Panama Canal. After all the drama with Faulkland Islands, Argentina and Uruguay all cancelling port calls - and Argentina being horrendous about boarding then Uruguay being jerks about making the entire ship quarantine in their cabins for three days even when we did not test positive. Ugh!!covid cases - it will be nice to do a US Ft. Lauderdale RT cruise and not have more than half the cruise ports cancelled. But since Viking gave everyone their money back for the cruise - so folks are cruising for free - there are a lot of happy people!

The cruise you are going on is definitely one that we want to do!!!! I hope this year or next year!!

I will have to do a Good Sam binge when I return!!! Right after I see the finale of the Expanse!

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:08 pm

Wow it sounds like an eventful trip Marie.

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:34 am

Helen8 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:44 pm
…I don't think residents become chief of staff that quickly.
1. In the Pilot, Griff reminds Sam she is a “Fellow”, not just a Resident; this may help explain the hierarchy a little better:

https://www.verywellhealth.com/types-of ... ws-3157293

2. Also in the Pilot, it was said—the night that Griff came out of his six-month coma—that the reception for Sam was to formally accept her new position.

3. Finally (and also from the Pilot), the remark was made that Sam was “…the best candidate….”. This, alone, says she wasn’t the only person considered…and the decision wasn’t made overnight, but during Griff’s coma.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:13 pm

In the Pilot, Griff reminds Sam she is a “Fellow”, not just a Resident; this may help explain the hierarchy a little better

Thanks, HW, I didn't catch that when I watched the ep. Too focused on Jason. :adore

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:14 am

In real life, Department Chief of CardioThoracic Surgery is a BIG deal. For a doc who just finished the fellowship, zero chance of becoming one!
It requires years of experience.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:51 pm

That was my thought. A position with that much authority/responsibility requires someone with years (decades? ) of experience. Thanks for the info, Char.

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:20 pm

Helen8 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:13 pm
In the Pilot, Griff reminds Sam she is a “Fellow”, not just a Resident; this may help explain the hierarchy a little better

Thanks, HW, I didn't catch that when I watched the ep. Too focused on Jason. :adore
I was, too…thank goodness for streaming!!

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:57 pm

Here is a little early info on the show’s numbers. It’s apparently too soon for a decision (either way):

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/good ... d-yet/amp/

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:01 pm

Helen8 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:51 pm
That was my thought. A position with that much authority/responsibility requires someone with years (decades? ) of experience. Thanks for the info, Char.
It would be nice to know exactly how much time Sam has under her belt…and exactly what brought her to the attention of the Cleveland Clinic (which is an actual location in Cleveland, Ohio, USA).

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:09 am

Hot Wheels wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:01 pm
It would be nice to know exactly how much time Sam has under her belt…and exactly what brought her to the attention of the Cleveland Clinic (which is an actual location in Cleveland, Ohio, USA).
...nepotism...? :roll:

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:23 am

[equote=thunder post_id=85719 time=1642745365 user_id=226]
Hot Wheels wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:01 pm
...nepotism...? :roll:
[/quote]

Maybe Griff was the instigator of that, too?? :huh Besides getting her out of his hair, maybe it’s his (twisted) way of telling her—without having to say the words—that he’s proud of her accomplishments and skills, and he wants to see her shine (just not on him!)

Return to “Good Sam”