SC priest condemns all Catholis who voted for Obama!

Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

malfoygrandma

SC priest condemns all Catholis who voted for Obama!

Post by malfoygrandma » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:38 pm

nuke.gif A priest at one of SC's largest parishes notifed all his parishoners by letter that any Catholic who voted for Obama has violated Church law because Obama publicly backs abortion, and that any of his parish cannot be forgiven in confession unless they repent their vote. Otherwise they cannot receive communion. The Bishop of SC has backed this notice.

malfoygrandma

Not correct!

Post by malfoygrandma » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:17 am

Well, this a.m. the Bishop's office decided to notify all SC Catholics that it is not correct that they cannot take communion if they voted for Obama! Either the local newspaper jumped the gun, or the Bishop's office changed it's interpretation of that priest from Greenville, SC. Now the office says SC Catholics had the right to vote as their conscience dictated.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:26 am

I should bloody well hope so!
Thanks for the update, MG!

Cissa

Post by Cissa » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:56 am

Freakin' priests! You'd think they'd want to keep a low profile these days... :roll:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:44 am

A priest at one of SC's largest parishes notifed all his parishoners by letter that any Catholic who voted for Obama has violated Church law because Obama publicly backs abortion, and that any of his parish cannot be forgiven in confession unless they repent their vote.
Ah! An absurd!

*shakes head*

~me

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:53 am

I hate priests. God, so puritan! (I know they have to be that way!)
Personally...I'm pro-choice.
Seriously considering all the things priests do (abusing little kids! MEAN!) they should be the last ones to judge.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:40 pm

Seriously considering all the things priests do (abusing little kids! MEAN!) they should be the last ones to judge.

That says it all.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:17 pm

I hate priests. God, so puritan! (I know they have to be that way!)
IMO every person has the right to choose what path to follow in life so it’s their choice to live as priests. The whole problem begins when they try to impose their dogmatic and narrow minded views. :shh

~me

Desdemone

he did that?

Post by Desdemone » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:22 am

Once a priest told me I was condemned in hell because I was paying his parish to educate my child and still hadn't begged the pope to divorce me from my exhusband. Now I divorced the man because he beat on me , and raped my neighbors child. The judge thought I had done everything possible and granted me immediate divorce. I am not catholic but the nuns in the area were the best teachers at the time so i paid a hefty sum for my childs education. Silly me, I'm so happy im rated with a president that I voted for.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:46 pm

I think someone's religious faith should serve them as a lantern, not as a cudgel. I'm glad your life took such a huge turn for the better, Desdemone--good for you for standing up for yourself and your child!

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:51 am

Had the Bishop not corrected this wayward priest - the Catholic Church could have been charged taxes as no longer being a religeous organization but now being a political organization. (At least actions have been threatened by the IRS to "churches" that deviate from their relegious roles.) What a nutter!

Return to “Political Material”