THERE'S your legacy. Right there.

Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:18 pm

1. No WMD
I got your WMD RIGHT HERE!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:05 pm

:woot !!!

I hit him FOUR TIMES!!
That probably represents my most impressive athletic achievement ever.

On another note--I'd totally add to the list of Fabulous Accomplishments . . . but I'm tryna focus on Happy Christmas Thoughts. :cherub

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:08 pm

The sooner this buffoon leaves the White House, the better it'll be.......
for all man/woman kind. ;-)
(But, in my opinion, maybe Michael shoulda taken a few practice shots at Bush, and he'd gotten Nozolli for sure. :lol )
:oops: , did I just say that? Sorry, Michael, dear. :hug
~M'L(C) :cool: :twisted:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:39 am

I got him 5 times! So satisfying.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:41 am

I got to eleven but it took a few tries.
And way to go France!

JScarlet

Post by JScarlet » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:00 am

:yip You all know how to have fun!!
But I wonder how many of you have taught your kids to act in such a manner. Which is what you are behaving like. I have my grandson visiting this week and if he did such a thing #### wellllll he would be punished.

No I don't agree with all President Bush has done especially the last 2
years. But he is the President .

As much as I though X President Carter was incapable of leading this country and I disagreed with him totally. I never acted disrespectable to him or his family. All of you here seem to make fun of the way people from other regions of the US talk walk and behave. Of course, except for those who agree with you. God only knows what you would have to say about me and mine(or have said) if we met and talked for awhile. I ain't a college graduate nor is my DH. (getting off subject here)

Anyway look at X Pres. Clinton ***he signed in NAFTA and made great promises of how this would help our unemployment , trade and ecomomy for years to come. Ha!! I and many others lost our manufacturing jobs (1995) to plants built in Mexico and China. I cetrainly wasn't making $15 - $60 an hour either. But I don't hate the man***he did what he thought was right. I'd like to know how many of you really know what it's like to lead a country as diverse as ours.

Duh!!!! None!!!

I do know by reading (and yes even we conservatives can read) that the economy is somewhat like makin' perfect biscuits ***some rise others go flat! OK not a good example!! But over the years it has risen and fallen under many Presidents. Who knows what President -elect Obama's term(s) will bring.
Can it get worse***yes. Can it get better yes. I certainly don't know.
But I'm sure all of you perfect intellectual Democrats/Liberals know.

As for the 4,200+ soldiers killed***when they signed/volunteered for the service they knew the their major job was to fight in wars. They were not drafted like in the VietNam war. Joining the service is a very serious job as many of you already know.
We do not have the right to say that their lives were lost in vain***how do we know if these brave people agreed or disagreed with the reason they were sent to Iraq? We have no right to use their deaths against President Bush or anyone. Only their families should do that. You are using them for your own propaganda.

As for "Duck" Chenney It was an accident*** the man came up behind him without warning

As for the enviorment!! Geez changes in nature has been going on for thousands and thousands of years. Floods, hurricanes, tornadoes. dust storms heat snow, etc!!! So President Bush is to blame ___get real here!!!
If any of you believe in God then you understand HE may be in control of some of these things or maybe all of them.
I come from a family of farmers. I live on 13 acres with 2 horses, a beautiful pasture and some rolling (small) hills. I love it!! But things here have changed in the last 21 years. Trees have fallen due to rot, rain has changed the terrain abit. Things change in nature ya know.

Just remember our ansestors once killed rabbits, deer even squirrels to eat. Besides deer meat is good for you***low in fat and has great protien.

Y'all really should take a lesson from the man you have voted into office and try to get along with your fellow opposite believers. It doen't mean we have to agree just try to understand other views and respect them. President-elect Obama invited Rev Rick Warren to speak at his inauguration. I bet that toruqes y'all jaws huh?

This thread does nothing constructive at all. You merely pat each other on the back for hateful remarks and your own views. Please by all means take a bow for yourselves. You are awesome at what you do here.
Absoutely nothin' to solve the problems of this country.

May you all have a Merry CHRISTmas and/or a Happy Hannauka!!!!

And may no one throw shoes, knives at you or try to shoot you.
As criminals have at other Presidents of the USA)

Janet

mariagare

Post by mariagare » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:59 am

If one must show blind deference to the President (and Vice President), then one may as well have a dictator or monarch.

And humorous critique of elected officials and their party is a wonderful display of a modern democracy.

Playing shoe-throwing games is certainly no less constructive and far less destructive than the riots which are currently occurring in my parents' country of origin (Greece). The supposed cradle of democracy.

JScarlet

Post by JScarlet » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:46 am

I agree with you to a point but not allowing others to speak their ideas without being called names is not what I call respectful and in order to be a democracy you have to show some decorum and listen to others views without the cruelty of making fun of them.

It is an insult to me as a Southerner to be blamed for the slavery issue when I did not nor did my great-great grandparents indulge in such acts. I am tried of because President Bush does not say words properly he is dissed. You can discuss your views and opinions without all the name calling and funnies
Exactly how would the Ladies here take it if I drew a pic of Senator Obama
and pretended to have a slave master give him 20 lashes with a whip when he denied his association with Bill Ayers or his long relationship with Rev Wright
( who BTW spews hate for white people). Would you then think it was just a humorous modern way for me to display my critquing of an elected official. I don't think so.

One can critique with respect of some sort. It is what is wrong with this world today. Yes it is a old cliche but respect goes a long way. Ya know do unto others.

I think all of this is silly thing to be doing instaed of trying to keep our present elected official on the right track. President Bush will be out of office soon anyway so what's the point.
I noticed you don't mention anything else.

As for a dictatorship or monarchy we are headed that way. The government tells me I have to wear a seat belt***why when I am an adult and can make that decision for myself? Why does my husband have to work like a dog and the government forces him to pay taxes on top of taxes to "help" those who actually choose it is easier and they are entitled to free this and that. Mind you I am not talking about those that are disabled or the elderly, but those that live off of the government and have never worked a day in their life. Just a couple of examples). Our Constitution does not guarantee everyone that they will be wealthy just the chance to try.

Now I'm bitching and off the subject. Not good.

Janet

mariagare

Post by mariagare » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:27 am

As someone who lives in another country, I'd rather not address each of your individual points.

All I can add is that I am an Australian who had my faith restored in Americans when I discovered Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. They filled the void left by the mainstream media 'sheeple' and reminded us to always question government and elected officials. And they are hilarious to boot.

From your last post, I believe that you agree with the ideal of being able to question your elected officials, right?

As for 'respecting one's authoritah' - we may be a nanny state, but Australians take pride in lampooning our politicians. And I have always been one to challenge conventions.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:53 am

Janet, I'd just like to know how criticism of Preident Bush's administrative policies translates to attacks on you personally, or people of different socio-economic backgrounds, education, religious beliefs or State of origin? No one here has EVER made fun or insulted any member because of the way they talk or behave or how much education they've received or where they were born, or any other number of accusations you've leveled at us. (If they had, rest assured they would have been dealt with promptly.)

Why then do you somehow manage to turn it around and make it all about you? It's a little narcissistic if you ask me and borders on a martyr complex.

You (or anyone else) are always free to voice your opinions, but please do so without the innuendo, guilt trips and personal attacks.

BTW, a flash game is a far cry from actually assaulting the President of the United States. It's mean't to be funny. Nothing else.
We have no right to use their deaths against President Bush or anyone.
We do have a right, especially when those deaths are a direct result of a war started on false pretenses.
Bush was elected president by the people of the United States, and as such, has a responsibility to answer to those very same people who put him in office. That's why it's called a democracy.

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:11 pm

If it's called a democracy, it's incorrect-we are a republic.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:27 pm

JS, why do you keep coming back to this kitchen when you don't like or can't handle the heat? We are exercising our right to free speech. You have the right not to read what is posted on this forum. We do include a warning.

Darn, I can't do better than 5 hits. Ocksumazow!
Gillian rules!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:55 pm

Bush was elected president by the people of the United States
Allegedly. The second time.

And I aver that I accord him the same amount of respect for the Office as he himself accords it.

(and yes, it's utterly irrelevant, but the moderators of this board include veterans of the U.S. armed forces. I hope that's earned us at least the right to peaceably dissent. I don't have a college degree either--though at 47, I'm working on it. I wish my dad was paying my tuition, but he's not!!)

JScarlet

Post by JScarlet » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:30 pm

All of you**** especially Helen8 cannot stand anyone who dares to stand up to any of you can you? You go right ahead and live in your "pat each other on the back" dreamworld. You despise anyone who is a Republican/Conservative***what a shame! Oh I can take the heat Helen it's you who can't. You have just proved that by your remark.
Hilary I didnot go to college either but Eddie as Amanda's Dad wanted to give that gift to her and we owe the government nothing because I had money left from my layoff that went for her education and he worked several jobs to pay for it and Amanda herself took odd jobs. So it was a family effort. So if the remark about your Dad paying for your tuition
is some direct hit to me what a shame!

All of you need to understand what the founders meant about a Republic which is what we are!! I feel nothing but pity for all of you, you have no place in your mind for other's views***you are pitiful.

And as for the dead soldiers I know of 3 who died believing in the reason they were there. One was Sgt Thomas Strickland(my daughters x boyfriend) Since I haven't talked to the other young man's family about using his name, I will only say that another young man from our community died believing in the cause and my cousin's son-in-law Pvt Jamie
Pitts also lost his life. The others that y'all use for your propoganda I cannot answer for and it is NOT your right to use their deaths as such.

As I said before I too was stating my opinions and when you mock the President, priest, people who believe abortion is killing a human being or people who are not in your lil' click you hurt others and show a lack of compassion and respect.

Now y'all have a very Merry CHRISTmas ya hear!!!

http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/Ameri ... emrep.html

Thank you Wolfsaver I looked on several websites concerning this matter. You are correct. We are a Republic.

Foodie

Post by Foodie » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:51 pm

Isn't the role of the President to act as the highest-ranking public servant in the nation? Yes he's/she's a leader, but he is also a servant to the nation. That means we have the right to critique his/her performance. We have the right in this country to express our frustration and dislike of people in office. We don't have to just "grin and bear it" or keep it bottled up inside.

Return to “Political Material”