Linked actors

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Lizzie

Linked actors

Post by Lizzie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:01 pm

I don't know if this is the right place for this but it'll be replaced if it's wrong.

Well, I've just finished watching 'The End of the Affair" and started to think about the different links between the Harry Potter actors. A bit of my memory and IMDB helped to get this list sorted out. Ready?

Jason Isaacs, Ralph Fiennes and Ian Hart worked together on "The End of the Affair"
Jason Isaacs and David Thewlis worked together on "Divorcing Jack"
David Thewlis and Mark Williams worked together on "Whatever Happened to Harold Smith?"
Jason Isaacs and Brendan Gleeson worked together on "Green Zone"
Jason Isaacs and Miranda Richardson worked together on "St. Ives"
Jason Isaacs and Guy Henry worked together on "Good"
Ian Hart and Helen McCrory worked together on "Sherlock Holmes"
Alan Rickman and Ian Hart worked together on "Michael Collins"
Alan Rickman, Bill Nighy and Emma Thomspon worked together on "Love Actually"
Emma Thompson and Maggie Smith and Rhys Ifans worked together on "Nanny McPhee II"
Maggie Smith and Julie Walters worked together on "Gnomeo and Juliet"
Alan Rickman, Bill Nighy and David Bradley worked together on "Blow Dry"
Robbie Coltrane and Bill Nighy worked together on "Stormbreaker"
Bill Nighy and Jim Broadbent worked together on "Blackadder's Christmas Carol"
Bill Nighy and Kenneth Brannagh worked together on "Valkyrie"
Alan Rickman, Emma Thompson, Imelda Staunton and Robert Hardy worked together on "Sense and Sensibility"
Alan Rickman and Warwick Davis worked together on "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
Alan Rickman, Timothy Spall and Helena Bonham Carter worked together on "Sweeny Todd"
Toby Jones and Michael Gambon worked together on "Amazing Grace"
Gary Oldman and Dave Legeno worked together on "Batman Begins"
Gary Oldman and John Cleese worked together on "Planet 51"
Gary Oldman, Michael Gambon and Frances de la Tour worked together on "Book of Eli"

I sincerely nobody did this before or I would've wasted a whole evening on this or that I at least have different connections. I could've gone further astray and linked Jason Isaacs and Alan Rickman because they both worked with Bruce Willis at one point in their carreers but that seemed a bit too much of an effort to me. LOL!

Lizzie

LadySekhmet

Re: Linked actors

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:12 pm

hehe... 6 degrees of separation?
Don't forget that Jason also worked with Cirian Hinds (DH part 2, Aberforth Dumbledore) who worked with Colin Firth (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy) and Gary Oldman (also in HP and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy). (And Colin Firth also worked with Alan Rickman in Love Actually.)

SlytherinMama

Post by SlytherinMama » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Oh and what about Jason Issacs and David Thewlis in Dragon Heart, 1996? :brows

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Don't forget that Jason also worked with Cirian Hinds (DH part 2, Aberforth Dumbledore) who worked with Colin Firth (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy) and Gary Oldman (also in HP and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy).

Just saw Tinker, Tailor, so add John Hurt to the list . . . so many HP alumni in that very good movie.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:09 pm

Yes, it was an excellent movie. Poor John Hurt, he completely escaped my mind, as I was completely overcome by the handsome Jane Austen boys, Hinds and Firth. (But *that* is an entirely different thread, and I won't tread that dangerous path! :cherub )

I did keep waiting for Oldman to whip out a wand and say: "Just kidding! I'm Sirius Black!" ;-)

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:36 pm

And you left out Tom Felton, Mark Williams, and Jim Broadbent in "The Borrowers."
And much more important (because it's such a great movie), Gary Oldman and Julie Walters in "Prick Up Your Ears."
Or Timothy Spall and Michael Gambon in "The King's Speech."
And (though I haven't seen this one) Maggie Smith and Daniel Radcliffe in "David Copperfield."

No time for this, am supposed to be just looking if someone's posted pictures recently ... but thanks for the momentary diversion.

:-)

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:41 am

hehe...I totally forgot about the King's Speech - Colin Firth (again), Helena Bonham Carter (BELLA!), & Geoffrey Rush as well!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:30 am

Alan Rickman, Emma Thompson, Imelda Staunton and Robert Hardy worked together on "Sense and Sensibility"
I love Alan Rickman as Colonel Brandon. S&S was the first movie I saw him in...

~me

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:07 am

Alan Rickman and Emma Thomspon also worked together on this awful detective movie that took place in New Orleans. Alan's accent was pretty bad. Judas Kiss was the name of the movie.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:12 pm

And (though I haven't seen this one) Maggie Smith and Daniel Radcliffe in "David Copperfield."

a.p.k., you must see this. Buy it, rent it, download it. Daniel got HP based on this role. It was seen by David Heyman's secretary, and she pushed him to watch it. Daniel is so young and innocent in this and did a fine job as David. These were the same qualities in the young Harry.

Lizzie

Post by Lizzie » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:46 pm

To be honest, I did this on a whim and confess I didn't do an extremely proper research. :bag:

It's funny to read the other movies. I do remember the Borrowers but had forgotten it was Tom Felton in that one!

Lizzie

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:29 pm

LadySekhmet wrote:hehe...I totally forgot about the King's Speech - Colin Firth (again), Helena Bonham Carter (BELLA!), & Geoffrey Rush as well!

I feel very silly for not putting Helena Bonham Carter down for The King's Speech LOL ... duh LOL

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:11 am

Cool thread. I think Maggie Smith and Michael Gambon are both in Gosford Park.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Lizzie wrote:I don't know if this is the right place for this but it'll be replaced if it's wrong.

Well, I've just finished watching 'The End of the Affair" and started to think about the different links between the Harry Potter actors. A bit of my memory and IMDB helped to get this list sorted out. Ready?

Jason Isaacs, Ralph Fiennes and Ian Hart worked together on "The End of the Affair"
Jason Isaacs and David Thewlis worked together on "Divorcing Jack"
David Thewlis and Mark Williams worked together on "Whatever Happened to Harold Smith?"
Jason Isaacs and Brendan Gleeson worked together on "Green Zone"
Jason Isaacs and Miranda Richardson worked together on "St. Ives"
Jason Isaacs and Guy Henry worked together on "Good"
Ian Hart and Helen McCrory worked together on "Sherlock Holmes"
Alan Rickman and Ian Hart worked together on "Michael Collins"
Alan Rickman, Bill Nighy and Emma Thomspon worked together on "Love Actually"
Emma Thompson and Maggie Smith and Rhys Ifans worked together on "Nanny McPhee II"
Maggie Smith and Julie Walters worked together on "Gnomeo and Juliet"
Alan Rickman, Bill Nighy and David Bradley worked together on "Blow Dry"
Robbie Coltrane and Bill Nighy worked together on "Stormbreaker"
Bill Nighy and Jim Broadbent worked together on "Blackadder's Christmas Carol"
Bill Nighy and Kenneth Brannagh worked together on "Valkyrie"
Alan Rickman and Warwick Davis worked together on "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
Alan Rickman, Timothy Spall and Helena Bonham Carter worked together on "Sweeny Todd"
Toby Jones and Michael Gambon worked together on "Amazing Grace"
Gary Oldman and Dave Legeno worked together on "Batman Begins"
Gary Oldman and John Cleese worked together on "Planet 51"
Gary Oldman, Michael Gambon and Frances de la Tour worked together on "Book of Eli"

I sincerely nobody did this before or I would've wasted a whole evening on this or that I at least have different connections. I could've gone further astray and linked Jason Isaacs and Alan Rickman because they both worked with Bruce Willis at one point in their carreers but that seemed a bit too much of an effort to me. LOL!

Lizzie
Jason Isaacs and David Thewlis, and Julie Christie (Madame Rosemerta) worked together in 'Dragonheart'.
Ralph Fiennes was also in 'Nanny McPhee Returns'.

~ML :woot :yip :cool: :wheee

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”