Warner Bros. Studio London

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

CaseHistories

Warner Bros. Studio London

Post by CaseHistories » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:15 am

Went there this June. Lucius Malfoy's head shot was prominently displayed in the entry hall, right next to a picture of Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. I was happy to pose with a life size model of Lucius Malfoy, blond wig and all. Towards the end of the tour, there was a room with tons of wand boxes, each with a person's name on it (the person could be an actor/actress or someone in the crew. The security guard lady was showing us Daniel Radcliffe's box. I mentioned Jason Isaacs and she knew right away where his box was!

And, the following is a quote from someone's blog http://www.mugglenet.com/wbstudiotourjosee.shtml
It's a long blog but this little paragraph got my attention!
There are 4,000 labels in that room, which puts everything you’ve seen during the tour into perspective. Yes, you can find the wand boxes for each and every single actor in the movies, but bottom line is, you’ll have to find them, because they are hidden among thousands of others who made the movies what they are. As talented as they are, the actors wouldn’t have been able to make Jo Rowling’s world come alive the way they did had it not been for all those people working in the shadows. Sure, Jason Isaacs can say Lucius’ lines just as well in boxers (ladies, you’re welcome for that visual!) than he can wearing his robes, but the effect would have been far from being the same had the costuming crew not been there to sew them.

ln419

Re: Warner Bros. Studio London

Post by ln419 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:36 pm

The thing is, of COURSE he COULD, but probably wouldn't, there would be no reason to. Ya NEED the WHOLE get up to BE Lucius. She obviously never listened to any interviews Jason gave about playing Lucius 'if he was going to PLAY a wizard, then he was going to dress like a wizard' and I think he chose brilliantly! So, where ARE those damnable wigs anyway? No one seems to ever spot them on these tours! Has WB ditched em? That poor, poor man wanted one of em SO badly and they don't seem to be hanging about anywhere~shame really, those earlier ones were quite nice... ;-) - not to say those tousled ones weren't lovely as well... LN

servalan

Post by servalan » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:50 pm

I have been on the WB studio tour, and here are two Lucius wigs, one on a set of shelves at the bottom (definitely Lucius' wig as it was labelled, and Draco's is next to it), and one on the full-size maquette of Lucius, with Draco and Voldemort.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:26 pm

Very cool pictures - thanks for sharing!

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:11 pm

OHMYGOODNESS! Thank you Servalon! I've been to a couple of the 'tours' when they were in Chicago, and I know someone else went to the one in NY, and they were never seen, so at least we know they're 'alive and well'. Now, that Jason may read this, he'll just have to not get caught trying to swipe one! (I'm not sure which face to put here, I think he should have gotten one of the wigs, after all, it was his idea, just like the cane/wand, and he got THAT, and there ARE several wigs, what's the harm?). Anyway, great pics! Thanks for sharing! :D LN **are all those push pins on the one on the bottom shelf to keep someone from stealing it? I've never seen so many push pins in a wig in my life! Very weird...

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Hmm...I honestly don't remember if there was a wig at the one in NYC Times Square (and they didn't let us take photos - damn them! *shakes fist at WB*). While I was memorizing everything on Lucius-Dummy, a herd of small orc-like creatures (erm... I mean...a group of about 30 12-13 year old boys) stampeded towards us-so Best Friend and I began to fear for our lives. Best Friend did gallantly throw herself in the way so that I could continue to gaze lovingly at Lucius-Dummy, but the mental trauma of them stampeding towards us sort of wiped any memory of The Wig from my brain. I do remember the hideous furry hat...and I hate that hat...so - of course- that is what I remember the most. I'd have to ask Best Friend if she remembers if there was a Lucius wig. And the tour book was total poo, i.e, not enough Lucius and Snape (and hideously $$$$), so I didn't buy it.

servalan

Post by servalan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:44 am

Some more photos from my trip, including a couple for the Snape fans:

These are some of the (best) pictures around the walls as we queued to get into Leavesden (timed entry, so not a long wait). As you can see, the Slytherins are well represented. Lucius looking down his aristocratic nose - Swoon, thud. The car is Mr Weasley's Ford Anglia.

Snape's maquette with Dumbledore at High Table in the Great Hall. The main teachers' costumes were all there.

The Malfoy family. There was a special Death Eaters section.

This is from one of the most impressive bits of the exhibition - a 1:24 scale model of Hogwarts, used in the CGI filming. It's truly amazing! You can walk all the way around the edge of it, and the route leads downwards so you start level with the buildings on the hill, and end looking upwards at the model from the bottom of the hill. It's perfect in every detail, with miniature trees and rocks. The lighting is blueish, and fades and gets stronger on a loop - but it's always quite dark. These are the best of the ones I took.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:33 pm

Thanks for posting all the pictures. :D

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:48 pm

Thanks for the pics.

Now, it's been a while; who is the chap beside Lucius in this pic below?

Image]

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:24 pm

well, judging by the hair, it's gotta be Draco (however, if you just look at the clothes, they look similar to Jason's personal 'dress' attire! ;-) -"Like father like son?" ). I never realized Tom wore a wig too, but I guess if you look at his real hair-line, and then at Draco's, it's a given...ln

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Wait. There are other "people" in that photo besides Lucius-Dummy in his armor? :cool:

lol. Just kidding.

Yes, the "guy" in the middle is totally Draco-Dummy. It's the family group. I thought about that "like father, like son" dress sense in the HBP. I think it was a great move on their part to have Draco have Lucius' cane and adopt his father's bespoke dress sense with the tailored suit, but with a slight spin (the tie rather than the waistcoat) to make it his own. It was the very first thing I noticed at the beginning of the HBP. It definitely made you rememember Lucius without actually seeing him - rather a more mature way of Draco referencing his father without saying boyish things like: "Wait until my father hears about this!". Well...in my opinion anyway.

servalan

Post by servalan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:02 pm

Yes, those three are Lucius, Draco and Narcissa - the Malfoy family group, as labelled by me. There is a Draco wig on the bottom shelf in the wig photo further up, beside Lucius' longer one - they were both labelled so definitely theirs.

You can see from that photo how tall Tom Felton is compared with tiny Draco in film 1.

I'd also like to add that, like the booklet mentioned above, my studio tour book has no Lucius at all - boo hiss. :-(

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:44 pm

servalan wrote:Yes, those three are Lucius, Draco and Narcissa - the Malfoy family group, as labelled by me. There is a Draco wig on the bottom shelf in the wig photo further up, beside Lucius' longer one - they were both labelled so definitely theirs.

You can see from that photo how tall Tom Felton is compared with tiny Draco in film 1.
You know, I noticed both the Draco wig in the earlier pic and your label of the photo as "the Malfoy family group", but I just didn't realise how tall he was. And there, with your third point, you have answered all my questions, LOL.

servalan

Post by servalan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:43 am

Glad to be of service. :D

The Leavesden trip was my chosen significant birthday celebration earlier this year, and I was not disappointed. I also had chance to see old friends who live nearby, with whom I stayed, which was also great. We even got a free lift to the studios from my friend (who is not a keen HP fan and declined to come along for the visit).

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:27 pm

The photo with the Ford Anglia, I read somewhere that car was allegedly missing from the set during GOF. I guess they just forgot where they parked it. LOL! :lol

~ML :cool:

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”