Computer Problems

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:47 pm

Just wanted to say a quick hello. I'm on my daughters computer since mine has been back in the shop for three weeks. Same problem. Had it to a local shop and they say the problem is in the motherboard and to bring it back to BB and have them fix it under the extended warranty. Ha! You can guess how far I've gotten.
This is the 6th time in and you can see nothing has been done. I want a new one or a cash settlement. Ha, Ha!!
I'll be back when I get it all straightened out. In the meantime will read a bit and catch up. Talk to you all soon.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:00 pm

No wonder you haven't been around much!

Sorry to hear of your troubles, grannybear. Just out of interest, what computer did you buy and where did you buy it?

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:02 pm

Sometimes technology sucks, but this time it sounds like no one wants to assume the blame or cost here. That sucks more. Grannybear, you've got our sympathy. Come back to us soon!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:21 pm

Grannybear,

Hope you get your computer problems sorted out, come back to us soon!

Take care,

~me

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:36 am

grannybear, I was wondering where you had been...
hope your computer gets fixed soon...I would push for a
replacement puter...

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:25 am

BASTARDS!!!

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:15 pm

I bought a Gateway in June of 2007. I previously had the same brand and used it for 5 years without a bit of trouble so I got one again little knowing at the time that there was an lot of trouble with the new ones. Now I find out. I've just about made up my mind to get a new one but still keep after BB to make things right.
Can't keep running over to my daughters to use hers. She doesn't need me under foot at night. She has work for school to do. I must say I do like her MAC and will probably get one. I'm giving BB another week but I don't think they are doing anything but stringing me along.
You'll hear from me from time to time till I'm back on line full time. Trying to keep up with everything.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:41 pm

We'll leave the lights on for you, Grannybear!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:23 pm

I take it BB is short for Best Buy? They have one of the worst track records when it comes to servicing or replacing their computers.

My advice? Move up the food chain. Don't bother with the techs behind the service desk. Most of 'em are just kids -- either in high school or college -- with no real incentive or authority to grease the wheel (as it were). Ask to speak to management and (politely) explain the problem. Then take names and assure them, if it's not resolved, you'll be moving up a rung. It's advice I've heard work remarkably well.

Good luck!

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:34 pm

I'M BACK....................................Maybe......Will see what happens.
Have already spoken to the store manager and next tme will go higher. Even if I buy a new one (Mac) I'll still keep trying. Just for spite. I'll try to outlast them. And yes, it is Best Buy.
Saw a new TV I liked there but bought it someplace else because I won't give them anymore business.
Now I have a lot of reading to catch up with on the site and then will start posting.
I"ve missed you all. Glad to be back.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:05 pm

Glad you're all sorted out, grannybear. Read up on whatcha missed and jump back in. :cool:

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:40 pm

I have to admit -- I bought my Mac at Best Buy, but that's only because I KNEW that it was one of the few products I wouldn't any have problems with. Don't shop there otherwise. If I'm in the market for electronics, I'll head on over to Future Shop. Never had any issues there.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:38 pm

Good to see you back, grannybear!

~me

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:19 pm

The only computer problems I have faced are:
1. I don't have one of my own.
2. Having to go clear across town to find a library that isn't suffering from a bad internet connection. :pc

Gillian, you just gave me an idea for a Christmas hint. Thank you!
~M'L(C) :cool:

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:56 pm

Back on line with my new MAC. Just couldn't take the old computer any longer. Had gone back to locking up. No sense taking it back to BB because they either couldn't or wouldn't fix it. I just gave up. They win.
Anyway, my daughter set it up in no time, Just amazing. No extra discs or programs. Everything already in. Keep your fingers crossed that all is OK now. No more nervous breakdowns. HaHa.

Return to “The Bitch Box”