English Exam part 2

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Mistress

English Exam part 2

Post by Mistress » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:12 am

Don't get me wrong. My English Language teacher is actually a nice man. However as it was the second time I had failed the exam under his wing, I decided to pay to take it again. Luckily I have a job now, but its going to cost more than a day's pay. But I seem to be the only one who thinks that there's a chance that the remark scheme, won't make a difference. I recently have found the date of this resit is the fifteenth of May. This is very unlucky as that is actually my last day, day of the prom/leaver's party. Plus with no word of a remark being sent off it looks like it will be too late for others like me, who might want to give it another go. Now unfortunatley its in the morning. Which means I'll still make the mass and the blessing. I don't want to be blessed aaa.gif
MM

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:27 am

Afraid you'll go up in a flash of blue smoke? :D

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:45 am

I will! I will!
And what about my rights? Do I have to close my ears and eyes? Turn around three times and spit on the floor? Last year I was not impressed when the priest almost enouraged my best mate to drink. The man was on antibiotics! (My mate that is. The priest had clearly had far too much 'blood of christ')
MM

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:56 am

This is very unlucky
Well, could be worse--I first read that as "fifteenth of March"--the Ides!
I'm a little surprised that you're expected to participate in the religious observance, regardless of belief or inclination. Do you attend a religious school?

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:37 pm

That's what it says on the sign, but I don't know a single person who follows it. 'Catholic'. But we're not. Don't mean to be out of order but the state of the common room. I often have to duck as someone has blown up a 'long balloon that isn't actually a balloon, but a contraceptive device' and then let it go so it flies around the room. They all believe in pre-marital sex and we refused to say the our father on a good day, under the filthy glare of the chaplin, who knows she can't make us do it if we don't want to.
I don't knock religion, religion is fasinating and everything. I study philosphy and ethics so unfortunately I tend to see all the holes in the beliefs. The easter mass on TV was put on so that I could sit there and criticise for revision. Got fed up after five minutes nuke.gif
The point of the biach is that I don't get why others who failed English language are putting too much faith in it being sorted before its too late. The religion thing is just something to add to my gripe.
MM

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:45 pm

*MakesPapalSignoftheCross* Il nomine Patris, el Filli, Espiritu Sancte....Amen!
May the Lord Bless you and keep you.....may his countenance shine upon you and give you peace.
:hug

~ML *spreadinggoodwilltoMistress(andthroughtheLostGirls)*

(I hope I spelled my Latin correctly! :oops: )

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:54 pm

aaa.gif I'm Melting, I'm melting...
No I have my arm rested on th heater is all. ;-)
English Lit: B
English CW: C
English Language: U
Something has to change!

MM

Return to “The Bitch Box”