SWINE FLU OUTBREAK

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed May 06, 2009 4:00 pm

LOL, I know. Babies cry, fuss and they can be a bit annoying when they're loud.

~me

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Wed May 06, 2009 4:44 pm

Angel Tavington wrote:LOL, I know. Babies cry, fuss and they can be a bit annoying when they're loud.

~me
Amen sis, amen. One time I had to take care of my niece and I had a really bad cold and a headache and the baby wouldn't stop crying. Checked the diaper. Nothing. Checked if she was hungry. She was just fed. I did everything I could possibly imagine and she was still crying. When my cousin came, I gave the baby to her and I ran outside and went to my friend's house. I really couldn't take it anymore.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Wed May 06, 2009 5:12 pm

Back on track please, ladies.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed May 06, 2009 5:26 pm

Actually, Gillian, the talk about wisdom teeth and kids is far more interesting now than the swine flu conversation, which seems to be fading out for now . . . the flu, not just the conversation. But your point is taken. :D

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Wed May 06, 2009 5:48 pm

Helen8 wrote:Actually, Gillian, the talk about wisdom teeth and kids is far more interesting now than the swine flu conversation, which seems to be fading out for now . . . the flu, not just the conversation. But your point is taken. :D
Thank God for that. Well...I haven't read any news about the swine flu so far, except for the fact that it was milder than expected and that it might come back during the fall, so health officials are starting to get ready.
And ugh! My mom is getting a cold and I'm so freaked out and paranoid....

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed May 06, 2009 6:43 pm

I think the swine flu is not as bad as some think it is, and most people get better from it. Not saying that I'm not worried-(the H1N1 virus *can* become more virulent and evolve into a much more serious threat).

~me

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Wed May 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Angel Tavington wrote:(the H1N1 virus *can* become more virulent and evolve into a much more serious threat[/size]).

~me
Totally. I'm not letting my guard down yet, I'm still washing my hands like crazy, not rubbing my eyes (and if I want to...HAND SANITIZER!), I carry my hand sanitizer everywhere (because I ride the public transport every single day) and stuff like that.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu May 07, 2009 12:57 pm

As the proverb says, it's better to prevent than treat :D

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Thu May 07, 2009 9:06 pm

Went out to lunch today and had B-B-Q Pork Ribs. Delicious.

Sandman

Post by Sandman » Fri May 08, 2009 8:40 am

In my opinion any virus can become a threat mutations and stuff. Like doctor House said "by giving people antibiotics when they don't need them we have made these super viruses. They have piercings and...." I couldn't agree more. :lol

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Fri May 08, 2009 8:59 am

Sandman wrote:In my opinion any virus can become a threat mutations and stuff. Like doctor House said "by giving people antibiotics when they don't need them we have made these super viruses. They have piercings and...." I couldn't agree more. :lol
HAHAHAHA! I love House! He's hilarious! I love that show too...it's very interesting! (and Hugh Laurie's eyes are gawjus! :oops:)

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri May 08, 2009 9:04 am

Like doctor House said "by giving people antibiotics when they don't need them we have made these super viruses. They have piercings and...." I couldn't agree more.
LOL!

~me

Return to “The Bitch Box”