Mel Gibson is an Arse.

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Heather

Mel Gibson is an Arse.

Post by Heather » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:58 pm

I am sorry if any of you like him but any man? who [allegedly] hits a woman is bad enough but when they [allegedly] hit one who has a child in their arms deserves a serrated bread knife through the ribs.

Has anyone listened to the phone tapes? Real or not do you suppose, sounds like him to me.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:04 pm

........Ditto...........

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Yeah I saw it on the news....another good reason to dislike Mel Gibson, he sounds like a mad man. I think he needs some help.

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Let me add that she's not completely innocent.

What did she expect knowing his past reputation?

Lisabella

Post by Lisabella » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:03 pm

Nothing gives that or any other man the right to hit a woman.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:29 pm

I'm not saying he had the right to hit her. No man has that right.
I'm just saying she should have run the other way and not gotten involved with him.
His past rantings were well publicized. These men do not change their spots. (In fact some women can be just as bad)

Look before you leap..

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:58 am

I was going to say, lets see how long it takes for him to announce he will be going for anger management therapy, I have just picked up the paper and he has gone and he is going to pay Oksana £13M to stop her from playing the other 30 minutes of recording she has. That is one expensive half an hour.

AND I have to say. I wonder how much calculating she was doing while she was recording. If I was her I would call the £13M ample compensation and at least let him have some access to see the little girl although, then again I can see why she would be reluctant, he is acting like a complete lunatic. Did you hear all that panting? I don't think I have heard anyone that out of their mind with anger.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:34 am

I'd say it was very calculated. Not that I feel sorry for the guy but we are only hearing one side of this story. We have no idea what provoked him. I'm also with grannybear - she full well knew what she was getting into and it sounds like she just might have gotten what she was looking for. The only ones I feel sorry for in this whole mess are the children.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:38 am

And in a short while all his friends and fans will have forgotten or forgiven him for everything.

Look at Roman Polanski. He's gotten away with his crime and half of Hollywood is standing up for him.

What are these people called who close their eyes to everything? Enablers.

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:59 am

grannybear wrote:And in a short while all his friends and fans will have forgotten or forgiven him for everything.

Look at Roman Polanski. He's gotten away with his crime and half of Hollywood is standing up for him.

What are these people called who close their eyes to everything? Enablers.

Everyone forgave him back in the '90s when he made vicious comments about gay men.

Everyone forgave him back in 2005? 2006? when he made those anti-Semitic comments.

Now he's used the "unforgivable" word about Black men, in particular, and has essentially been outed as a woman-abuser and misogynist.

He didn't apologize to the gay community, but donated huge sums to gay charities, or some such, did some various positive things for gay moviemakers. He was given a pass.

He went on TV with Diane Sawyer and apologized to the Jews, and had some sort of consciousness-raising such-and-such with Jewish groups, and had some Jews he'd worked with come out in support of him. He was given a pass.

Already Whoopi Goldberg has given him the pass on the "pack of [fill in the blank]" comment, stating that while he's a "bonehead," he's "not a racist." Waiting to see if anyone else follows her lead ...

Personally I feel like a total freier (Hebrew for "sucker") for buying into that apology on TV five years ago.

You've got to wonder at what point people will get the point.

It's a shame. Like I said on that "Patriot" thread the other day, he's really ruined that movie for me. I liked a lot of his movies, actually. Liked. Past tense.

Will just have to fast-forward through to Mr. I's scenes, I guess ... LOL

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:29 am

He sounded psychotic to me. He really needs help. And no more passes by H'wood.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:04 am

He sounded psychotic to me. He really needs help.
My thoughts exactly....I think I've read somewhere that he had problems with alcohol (not sure if that is true though). I don't know, but he sounds disturbed- poor man!

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:53 pm

Can't someone get that poor baby away from them until they settle their problems.
It can't be good for her to be around all that screaming and carrying on.

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:15 pm

I've heard that she also has a son with Timothy Dalton. She must get around.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:05 pm

Ugh.
Ugh ugh ugh.
Yeah, same guy who famously lamented that his poor ex-wife, mother of his (first) 27 children, wouldn't be going to heaven with him because she just wasn't Catholic enough.
It does rather make one wonder exactly what the criteria are, and who appointed Mel to do the calculating.
He left his wife because Oksana was just what he wanted; whether out of self-loathing or whatever, now he finds all the same attributes repugnant.

Honestly, I hope she takes him for all he's worth--I think he's absolutely deserved it.

Return to “The Bitch Box”