Some Bloody People [2]

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Heather

Some Bloody People [2]

Post by Heather » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:58 pm

I live in Aberdeen and despite the state of the UK economy Aberdeen is still thriving, thanks to North Sea Oil but even that is less profitable then it used to be so you can imagine that we are all on the lookout for new opportunities.

Slightly outside Aberdeen is a small community called Balmedie, my friend used to live there and apart from a pub and some shops and a church there is nothing there apart from endless farmland and sand dunes, most of the people who live there were born there and will no doubt die there, it's that sort of place. [Boring]

So! A couple of years ago along comes Donald Trump, his Mum was born there and he wants to give them a Billion Quid, he wants to turn those endless boring sand dunes into a world class Golf Resort, there will be a Hotel, Private Homes and a Golf School, he is hoping to make it more popular then Gleneagles and maybe even hold The Open when it is finished. So are the people on the Menie Estate and Balmedie grateful? Are they hell!! And do you know why? Because the stupid, useless sand dunes attract Birds! Rare birds that attract every anorak wearing bird watcher for miles around.

I DONT CARE! I dont care about birds, I care about all the people who will have jobs thanks to Mr Trumps billions and thank goodness more people then not feel the same as Work has started on construction but these a--e holes are doing anything they can to get in the way including vandalisim, they are starting court actions left right and centre to hold things up as long as they can. There is one woman in particular, her and her middle aged son live in a house that is in the way, the place is an absolute tip and they have been offered about three times what it is worth to move but they are not having it so it looks like they will be sitting in the middle of this luxury resort in their ramshackle house, maybe Mr T can turn them into a tourist attraction.

So what do you think? Birds or Resort?

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Um - I love to bird watch (and I'm not a big fan of the Donald - he is rather over the top!)

Heather

Post by Heather » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:07 pm

No offence to bird watchers Marie but when times are tough as they are now and there are so many young people in this country in need of jobs, the golf resort wins out everytime in my opinion no matter who is financing it.

Lisabella

Post by Lisabella » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:57 am

I can understand your point of view Heather but i think it's that attitude towards nature that will make our earth look like a mess.
It's not first human and then nature cause no human without nature ;-) Maybe this sounds a little over the top cause it's only about birds but it's just the top of the iceberg I guess. One piece of the whole ecological system.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:05 am

I agree with you, Lisabella.

~me

Heather

Post by Heather » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:09 am

Guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. :-|

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:19 pm

I wouldn't put too much faith in The Donald being in on this. He just sells his name to these projects (for one in Baja California, he got $75 million) and has nothing substantially to do with them. Two that I know of have gone belly-up, and the people who lost money couldn't go after Trump because he was not liable.

I'm for the birds and dunes on this one.

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:11 pm

Helen8 wrote:I wouldn't put too much faith in The Donald being in on this. He just sells his name to these projects (for one in Baja California, he got $75 million) and has nothing substantially to do with them. Two that I know of have gone belly-up, and the people who lost money couldn't go after Trump because he was not liable.

I'm for the birds and dunes on this one.

Yup. I'm with you.

Trump's name was all over my old neighborhood (former Upper West Sider that I am) and it didn't do much for anyone except Trump.

Though very very very very very wealthy folks could live in his buildings, or go to his resorts. Real/regular people? Not so much. YKWIM?

Return to “The Bitch Box”