OMG!!

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Heather

OMG!!

Post by Heather » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:41 pm

Have most of the threads on Bitch Box been started by me? I have only just realised how many I have started lately. Please just ignore me, I am a Brit and I can't help it. nuke.gif

No more Bitch Box for you Heather.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:07 pm

Don't worry about it Heather. We all have our moments and besides, That's what friends are for.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:32 am

...LOL Heather, no worries ;-)

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:19 am

Heather, on more than one occasion I've thought about posting here, usually about work, but by the time my break comes around, I don't want to think about it anymore.

Ok, truth be told, I feel like posting here at least once a week.

How's this: I work at library with change machines and machines that add cash to student cards for printing etc. They are always breaking down. Yesterday, I had to help a student who had put a "twoonie", a $2 coin, into the slot for bills. Image

Then the staff member whose responsibility these machines are was nowhere to be found. He'd just left work early. Very early. The student-worker left in charge of that section, whose attention I had to get by waving my arms about wildly as he was wearing headphone, (not earphones, but huge headphones), said he had no clue had to fix the machines, could not, in fact, even open them up so I could give it a try. All the other students who work in that dept. regularly open the machines to fix them.

Double ImageImage

Wow, that felt good. I might do this more often. Image

Heather

Post by Heather » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:01 pm

fruitbat wrote:Heather, on more than one occasion I've thought about posting here, usually about work, but by the time my break comes around, I don't want to think about it anymore.

Ok, truth be told, I feel like posting here at least once a week.

How's this: I work at library with change machines and machines that add cash to student cards for printing etc. They are always breaking down. Yesterday, I had to help a student who had put a "twoonie", a $2 coin, into the slot for bills. Image

Then the staff member whose responsibility these machines are was nowhere to be found. He'd just left work early. Very early. The student-worker left in charge of that section, whose attention I had to get by waving my arms about wildly as he was wearing headphone, (not earphones, but huge headphones), said he had no clue had to fix the machines, could not, in fact, even open them up so I could give it a try. All the other students who work in that dept. regularly open the machines to fix them.

Double ImageImage

Wow, that felt good. I might do this more often. Image

Now thats really something to be bitching about fruitbat.

I blame my Mum for my bitching, I really do not want to get as bad as she is, she is the absolute limit! If she has something on her mind she will just say it, she doesn't think for a second that it might offend someone, she is the type of person that would tell you honestly how big your bum looked if you asked her.

RoseannaLara

Post by RoseannaLara » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:44 am

Feel free to bitch Heather.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:02 am

I seriously think that bitching or venting is very important because it allows us to get rid of anger that we really can't, in a civilised world, take out on the person who causes the anger.

For example, I am not allowed to smack irritating patrons in the head with the Canadian Medical Directory. (I've checked.) But sometimes they do stupid things. Bitching when I have finished my information desk shift prevents me from having a blowup.

Also, with problems I encounter at work, the machines for example, bitching to my co-workers often helps because we each have tricks to deal with things, i.e., unplug the machines and they might reset themselves.

In short: Bitch away! Image

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:00 pm

That's what it's here for!

I also have a customer service job, and a couple of weeks ago I snatched a spare moment to use my cell phone to make a doctor's appointment. Of course when I dialed there was no one to be seen, but as soon as I started, 3 people appeared.
I hoped to just grab the time and go, but the receptionist wanted all my insurance particulars in advance, and blah blah blah--I was trying to get away to attend to customers, but couldn't! And this dude walks up to the counter, and I'm obviously occupied, so does he, like the others, retreat a courteous distance and wait for me to finish? No he does not. He stands there staring at me, and then pulls a KNIFE out of his pocket, this bizarre thing with a big handle and a short, curved blade, and commences shaving a callous off his finger, about four feet away from my face!!!! :spew2
Um, I finished the call as soon as I could.
Had a significant debate about his selection.
Natch, some weeks later it didn't work out and he cancelled.
His refund's been delayed. Guess who he's been calling daily and haranguing about it.
aaa.gif

RoseannaLara

Post by RoseannaLara » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:02 am

Well, kickboxing works for me but then I have never found it very appropiate to deal with some Patients in that way!!!

Each to their own I guess....

The National Health Service in England is the same, some patients seem to forget that most of the services provided are free. Alot of people, including myself would be screwed if we had to pay for it. It does need improvements but in general from what I've found it's not that bad.

Rose

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:50 pm

Hilary the Touched wrote:That's what it's here for!

I also have a customer service job, and a couple of weeks ago I snatched a spare moment to use my cell phone to make a doctor's appointment. Of course when I dialed there was no one to be seen, but as soon as I started, 3 people appeared.
I hoped to just grab the time and go, but the receptionist wanted all my insurance particulars in advance, and blah blah blah--I was trying to get away to attend to customers, but couldn't! And this dude walks up to the counter, and I'm obviously occupied, so does he, like the others, retreat a courteous distance and wait for me to finish? No he does not. He stands there staring at me, and then pulls a KNIFE out of his pocket, this bizarre thing with a big handle and a short, curved blade, and commences shaving a callous off his finger, about four feet away from my face!!!! :spew2
His refund's been delayed. Guess who he's been calling daily and haranguing about it.
aaa.gif

Oh My God! Hilary, the guy is obviously an utter fruitcake, I would be a bit worried. aaa.gif

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:19 pm

Hilary the Touched wrote:That's what it's here for!

aaa.gif
Geez. Do you have security at all?

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:24 pm

Thanks for the concern, ladies! I don't honestly think he meant it in a threatening way, I think he'd just been poorly socialized and doesn't know how to behave. :roll:
It was just unfortunate that, as I say, he cancelled his class and now needs a refund, and even more unfortunate that something happened (at a level our office has no control over :-( ) and he hasn't gotten it yet . . .
We do actually have security, but it's one guy for the whole floor. (I could probably take this dude out on my own, for real--bizarro linoleum-knife or no!)

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:38 am

I could probably take this dude out on my own, for real--bizarro linoleum-knife or no!
You go girl!!!!!

Me - I carry some pepper spray - and when I think I might be more uncomfortable I have a pink stun gun!

Return to “The Bitch Box”