WILL THE LOUDMOUTH ON THE PHONE, PLEASE STHU!

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

marilaine

WILL THE LOUDMOUTH ON THE PHONE, PLEASE STHU!

Post by marilaine » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:43 pm

I wish the library I'm at would have the sense to have security patroling the library. Sitting at a computer cubicle, the idiot :dunce on my left is on his cell phone, talking loudly, using the f-bomb and not one librarian has come over to tell him to keep quiet or leave. \

They used to have Security guards, but they're too tight-wad now to bother. NO ONE TELLS THESE IDIOTS A DAMN THING! Someone's gonna start something, and it sure isn't gonna be me.

~ML :bat :bitch

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:47 pm

I was mortified the other night: Sprog and I were at the theatre for Deathly Hallows. It's the kind of movie place with 'stadium seating' and there were a couple of giggly shrieky fangirls way down below us who I guess were taking photos with their phones. This was really distracting, because they had big screens, like iPhones, and much of the movie is so dark. Finally Sprog just yelled at them, "will you please turn your phones off??" which to their credit they instantly did. With her stentorian tones, perhaps they assumed she was the manager or something, rather than a height-challenged student with her mom . . .

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:49 pm

:hands THANK YOU, HILARY. I kept having to tell the people to my right "shhhh". Tempted to say something in Parseltongue, but they'd think it was the movie, sooo.....

~ML :hands

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:02 pm

Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! I like traveling by train and I do regularly but there is always some MORON on their phone who thinks that their life is so bloody interesting that the whole train wants to know about it. I sit there grinding my teeth fighting the urge to take the phone off them and stick it where the sun don't shine. :mad:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:05 pm

Well, I have to say that, having attended 2 showings opening day, the theatre patrons of all ages were well-behaved and laughed and cheered at all the right places . . . and there was no 3-year-old, snotty-nosed kid sitting behind me, kicking my chair.

Marilaine, if the librarians there are responsive, you may be able to mention to them about the loudmouth next time it happens. It's worth a try.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:28 pm

I hate it when people talk really loud when they use their phone on the bus... and theater (especially theater when they tell you to turn off the phone or put it on vibrate, they still talk on the phone while other are watching the movie).
nuke.gif

~me

marilaine

Re: WILL THE LOUDMOUTH ON THE PHONE, PLEASE STHU!

Post by marilaine » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:19 pm

They have a sign posted on some buses, that says NO LOUD CELL PHONE CONVERSATIONS. That should include people just chatting up anyone else on the bus. :bitch

~ML :bat

Return to “The Bitch Box”