PARDON MY PAUSE

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

marilaine

PARDON MY PAUSE

Post by marilaine » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:25 pm

Holy Moley. Been feeling like I'm melting lately. I think I'm going through the "change", and my job is just a pain in the arse.
Wearing black from head to toe
Hot kitchen, and blower only helps if it's pointing up,
And, the dining room feels like a sauna at times. :oops:
Where's Elsa of Arendalle when you need her?

I was hoping to go through in during the winter. BUT, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :loco :loco :loco :loco :loco

~ML :bawl :uhoh

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: PARDON MY PAUSE

Post by Helen8 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:48 pm

Been there; done that. No fun at all. Had to look up "Elsa of Arendalle"; not into Disney princesses these days.

Think cool thoughts . . . if you can. They will pass, eventually. Mine lasted 13 years. :gah: My husband threatened to euthanize me. Couldn't take HRT because of breast cancer in the family. Is that an option for you? Are you allowed to carry a water bottle around at work? Is there a fridge/icemaker nearby? Rubbing an ice cube on your forehead could also help.

I truly sympathize with you. Hang in there, Marilaine. :hug

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:49 pm

I've been on HRT for 20 years now, because the hot flashes come back with a vengence if I'm not. They can make your life miserable. Hang in there, Marilaine :-|

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:29 am

Yep I remember that with horror!!!! - Took me quite a few "seasons" to get through them. Two things really helped me. 1. Carried a little battery operated portable fan. So I would not turn into one of those women who screams "It's so fucking hot in here!", and 2. Had a lot of ice water - when I got a hot flash I would put my wrists (at your pulse point) on the cold outside of the glass and it would really help make me feel better until the hot flash passed.

Hope its as short as possible for you!

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:58 pm

WHEW! Luckily our three compartment sink is close to the dairy walk in (Nothing like breathing in that dairy air . LOL! :lol :lol :lol )
They seemed to have passed...for now, but we're in for a HOT summer.
Oh well, KEEP CALM and chill out in the walk in. HA HA! :lol

Thanks for the support. :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

~ML :loco :cool:

Return to “The Bitch Box”